1. Protecting your privacy
- We don't share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
- We don't engage in cross-marketing or link-referral programs with other sites.
- We don't employ tracking devices for marketing purposes ("cookies", "web beacons," single-pixel gifs).
- We don't send you unsolicited communications for marketing purposes.
- We offer email anonymization & relay, to reduce 3rd party harvesting & spam.
- Account information is password-protected. Keep your password safe.
- MIC, or people who post on MIC, may provide links to third party websites, which may have different privacy practices. We are not responsible for, nor have any control over, the privacy policies of those third party websites, and encourage all users to read the privacy policies of each and every website visited.
2. Data we collect
- We sometimes collect your email address, for purposes such as sending self-publishing and confirmation emails, authenticating user accounts, providing subscription email services, etc.
- For paid postings, we collect contact information, such as name(s), phone/fax number(s), and address for billing purposes.
- MIC does not store credit card information. Credit card transactions are transmitted to a financial gateway, and we endeavor to protect the security of your payment information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology.
- We may collect personal information if you provide it in feedback or comments, post it on our classifieds or if you contact us directly. Please do not post any personal information on MIC’s classifieds that you expect to keep private.
- Our web logs collect standard web log entries for each page served, including your IP address, page URL, and timestamp. Web logs help us to diagnose problems with our server, to administer the MIC site, and to otherwise provide our service to you.
3. Data we store
- All classified postings are stored in our database, even after "deletion," and may be archived elsewhere.
- Our web logs and other records are stored indefinitely.
- Although we make good faith efforts to store the information in a secure operating environment that is not available to the public, we cannot guarantee complete security.
4. Archiving and display of MIC postings by search engines and other sites
- Search engines and other sites not affiliated with MIC - including archive.org, google.com, and groups.yahoo.com – may archive or otherwise make available MIC postings
5. Circumstances in which MIC may release information
- MIC may disclose information about its users if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process.
- We welcome your feedback on this document.